Thursday, March 3, 2011

"You, are next..."

T’was late at night,
The rain pouring hard,

The fast lashing lightening,
Brightened up the dark.

Lonely and white,
My fingers gone cold,
My body shrivelled up,
I dared not pick the phone.

It rang on and on,
Into the silence of the eerie night,
My hand reached out for it,
Shivering with fright.

I recalled the previous eve,
“Was driving with my friend’s,
No licence we possessed,
Yet on the highway we sped.

I hit the accelerator,
The car flew on fast,
The wind blew through my hair,
The headlights flashed sharp.

Too late was it,
I slammed the breaks down hard,
But as I knew for sure,
He was done for.

His eyes so wide,
His hands stretched out,
His face grown blue,
His blood flowing out.

We didn’t wait,
We didn’t watch,
We just drove home,
Our heart’s pumping fast.”

And ever since,
The death’s began,
My friend’s were numbered,
And so was I.

Tears of pain ran down my cheek,
As I heard his voice say to me,
What he had said before,
Just those three words –

“You, are next...”

Copyright (c) 2011 Kimberly Rowe

2 comments:

  1. That looked like a scary movie plot. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compliment? :P
    The plot is actually a part of a book called 'Hit and Run' by R.L.Stine. :)

    ReplyDelete